There are numerous benefits for exercising together including support, commitment and motivation. Additionally, you’re more likely to enjoy your exercise session in the company of friends. But with a busy work schedule and plenty of other commitments, it’s hard to find the time and wherewithal to make it happen.
Enter National Walk @ Lunch Day®, an annual workplace event that encourages you to get up from your desk and on your feet at lunchtime. Established by BlueCross BlueShield, National Walk @ Lunch Day® is designed to complement your busy lifestyle, improve personal health and decrease the costs of healthcare for employers and employees.
This year, National Walk @ Lunch Day is Wednesday, April 27, just two weeks away! It’s a perfect reason for you and your colleagues to start a new workplace walking routine!
Don’t know how to get started? Planning a walk is easier than you think. Here are some helpful tips for getting your co-workers up on their feet to join you for a lunchtime walk on National Walk @ Lunch Day®.
- Determine a walk route.
- Invite your friends and colleagues by email and/or send out an evite.
- Hang up posters and fliers around the office promoting the event.
- The day before the event, check the weather and update participants so they are dressed properly. (LINK to weather info)
- On the day of the event, send out a final reminder to participants.
- Meet at your designated starting point and WALK!
For additional workplace walking tips and to find more information about National Walk @ Lunch Day®, check out WalkArlington Works at WalkArlington.com. National Walk @ Lunch Day® is just one of the steps you and your co-workers can take toward a healthier self.